Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dad: My daughter is a bad ass

Sorry guys, the past few days have been a bit draining and neither me nor my wife got on the computer for a few days.  Anyway, our baby girl has taken 4 doses of chemo in 3 days.  This being the whole of round 1 of chemo.  This time was a little carbo and a bunch of ecto (for those of you that know your chemos).  Anyway the itenerary seems to be very routine.  They had print outs with the whole.  You're child ______ will be rescieving the follow treatement...bla bla bla.  Anyway, the impersonalness of it was surprisingly reassuring.  I don't want them to be trying things out with my baby girl.

Anyway,  tuesday was a long day.  Took a long time to get things started because they made a fresh batch for Cambria.  The concept of which strikes me as a bit weird.  I don't know where I thought chemo treatments came from....anyway.  After an hour in pod 2, which has since become a sort of home away from home, our baby passes out and proceeds to sleep for the next 3 hours A.K.A. all of both doses of chemo and most of the fluids that they gave her afterwards.  Thank you God.

She hasn't slept through a treatment since, but she has been a bad ass.  By that I mean to look at her you would never know anything was wrong.  She still giggles when you tickle her and smiles up when you smile down.  Meanwhile if our Moms weren't here helping out I think both me and my wife would have colapsed by now.  Well not colapsed, we would have gotten the medical stuff done, it's everything else that would've been ignored.  It'd be a shout out to my college days with a balanced diet of pop tarts and quesadillas.   All of that is to say I am not nearly as strong as a 5 month old baby whose going through cancer... go figure.

Anyway, tomorrow we've got two vans full of family that are going to come and stay with us through the holidays and that is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Our God is an awesome God.

1 comment:

  1. so glad Cambria is done with her treatments. Love y'all like crazy

    ReplyDelete