Monday, January 6, 2014

Dad: Long time no see!

Well, it's been a month.  How ya been?  Yeah, I overate as well.  I started a few posts in the intervening weeks, but this is the first time I've finished one.  Then again this is only 3 lines in, so... wish me luck I guess.

Christmas was great.  We had all of my family over during a sort of long lay over in the middle of their cross country move (they are headed to Rhode Island).   It was a lot of fun spending 2 weeks with my nephew and niece in particular.  Although my 18 month old niece may have "acquired" several souvenirs.  Christmas is so much more special with little ones around then I could have ever guessed.  I'm so excited for Cambria to be old enough to be an active participant.  She does love watching chaos, so 6 adults, an 18 month old and a 4 year old, a big dog and a little scrappy dog.   All of that equalled some high quality entertainment in her view.  Anyway, it was fun...moving on.

As we sit her, enjoying a fake fire playing on the TV we can start to hear the darth vader theme song playing as we get closer and closer to tomorrow.  Tomorrow is the beginning of chemo round 2: the attack of Doxo.  Doxoclyofphohdrene (I think I spelled that right) is the scariest chemo in her regiment.  It's the one that can result in having your heart go out of wack 5 to 100 years after.  So yeah... fun.

Anyway, tomorrow is going to start off with accessing her port and doing a blood draw.  I have hope for this going better then it did last time, which is good, cuz last time it involved a baby screaming for 10 solid minutes.  I'm serious I don't think she breathed during that time.  No fun.  Anyway, that's past and hopefully won't happen quite the same.  After that we will adjourn to one of the pods to hang out with one of the nicest nurses I've yet met Emily. After about an hour we will have the results of the blood draw (to make sure that her numbers are up) and the batched of chemo will be cooked up.  Not to digress, but I always picture a bunch of doctors cackling as the walk in circles around a bubbling glowing cauldron of chemo when I think about someone making it.  Maybe that's just me.  So yeah after that we get to start the chemo.  We will have to bring many bottles.  Well, I hate to be all down side about the plan but that's always the way it goes when your staring down something like this.  In reality we have so much to be thankful for including an amazing Christmas.

Christmas was great and there are people, literally, all over the world praying for my daughter tomorrow.  Our God is an Awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment